ILA to host second Lead Occupational Exposure Management Workshop in 2015
After its successful workshop at Pb2013, the International Lead Association has announced it is to host the second Lead Occupational Exposure Workshop, in Lisbon, prior to the 19th International Lead Conference (Pb2015).
This important one-day event, co-hosted by EUROBAT, will take place on 22 April 2015 and aims to share best practice through presentations on the practical measures that can be taken to reduce worker blood lead levels. It will then conclude with a facilitated information sharing session to encourage in depth discussions with fellow EHS professionals.
The sessions are as follows:
- Keynote speech on the current lead OEL review by the European Scientific Committee on Occupational Exposure Limits
- Background briefing on legislation, science and the current performance of the lead industry
- Best practice sharing from companies in the recycling, battery manufacturing and lead sheet industries
- Show & Tell on key topics such as procedural and engineering controls, financial incentive schemes and new employee induction programmes
- Medical professional perspectives on workplace exposure issues
Registration will open in January and early booking is recommended as the number of workshop participants is limited and spaces will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.
For more information contact Maura McDermott