What we do
We are the trusted voice of the lead industry representing lead miners, smelters, refiners and recyclers worldwide.
We support a sustainable future for lead through an extensive work programme.
- Advocating for a proportionate legislative framework that ensures the lead industry can compete and prosper.
- Communicating the benefits to stakeholders and wider society of lead and its uses.
- Facilitating continuous improvement in the responsible management of lead.
- Supporting technical innovation in lead batteries.
- Improving our scientific understanding of lead health and environmental impacts and their effective management.
- Providing a forum for the lead industry to share ideas and learn together.
Improved market access for lead and its products
A proportionate legislative framework in which to operate
Improved image and reputation for lead and its uses
Opportunity to support market growth initiatives for lead batteries
Timely intelligence and analysis of lead-related legislation
Intelligence on battery markets and innovations
Direct involvement in key industry initiatives (e.g. material stewardship)
Participation in ILA’s worker blood lead reduction program
Access to expert advice and support from ILA’s dedicated team of full-time experts
ILA staff attendance at member company meetings
Discounts for our conferences and events
Networking with business leaders throughout the global lead value chain
Membership of the Consortium for Battery Innovation
- Aurubis AG
- Berzelius Metall
- BMG Metall & Recycling
- Boliden AB
- BSB Recycling
- Campine Recycling
- Clarios (Europe)
- The Doe Run Company
- East Penn Manufacturing
- Eco-Bat SpA
- Exide Technologies Recycling II, Lda
- Exide Technologies SLU
- Gopher Resource
- Gravita (Jaipur, India)
- Gravita (Chittoor, India)
- Hakurnas Lead Works Ltd
- Hecla Mining
- H J Enthoven & Sons
- KCM SA
- Korea Zinc
- Kovohute Pribram
- Lundin Mining
- Metallo Belgium N.V.
- MPI Reciklaza
- MR Umwelttechnik GmbH
- Orzel Bialy
- RSR North America
- Systems Sunlight
- Terrapure Environmental
Become a member
The strength of ILA’s voice is based on its wide representation. Full membership is open to all companies worldwide involved in the mining, smelting, refining and recycling of lead. Associate membership is available to other companies and organisations with an interest in lead, including suppliers to the industry and downstream users of lead.